Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Shallots And Maple-Cayenne Drizzle
Hi everyone! We just enjoyed a lovely roasted Brussels Sprouts side dish with our Thanksgiving dinner, and thought you might enjoy this as well. This was so delicious that we even gobbled down what little leftovers we had COLD! It’s THAT good! Let me share with you how we made these.
Now, keep in mind that I really don’t have any specific measures since we pretty much just threw all this together, but I’ll do my best to estimate so you can replicate this. And, what makes it super easy is that everything gets tossed together in a bowl, then placed in a covered casserole dish to bake.
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, sliced length-wise (to keep them together – you’ll see how we sliced them in the photo)
- 2 smallish apples, sliced thin, and cut to be about the same size as the Brussels Sprouts
- 2 shallots thinly sliced and chopped fine
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of dried cranberries, chopped
- about 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- about 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary (we didn’t have fresh, so we used dried – fresh would be awesome!)
- about 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- about 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- about 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste – we really just sprinkled a few shakes from the jar)
- about 1/2 tablespoon of either apple cider or coconut vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the “drizzle” ingredients – olive oil, rosemary, salt, syrup, cayenne, and vinegar.
- Add the brussels sprouts, apples, shallots, and cranberries, and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Place in a shallow casserole dish or lasagna type of pan, and cover.
- Bake at 350 for about a half an hour (taking it out to mix/turn about half-way through baking) or until the sprouts are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Again, we’re not professional cooks (well, not THIS writer – one of our other team members here at MyFavDeals is a professional chef, and he’ll probably giggle at my attempt to write out a recipe). 🙂 Nonetheless, it’s a yummy way to enjoy Brussels Sprouts, so give it a try!