Southwestern-Style Scrambled Eggs With Pico De Gallo And Sausage Links
This is just what I was in the mood for this morning, and so I took a couple of pics so I could add this to our recipe section at MyFavDeals 🙂
Actually, I was initially just in the mood for sausage and eggs, and I wondered what I would make from what I have in the fridge.
Here’s what it looked like:
This may not sound like your typical combination, but if you like Southwest flavors, and Pico De Gallo, you’ll probably enjoy this.
I looked in the fridge, originally thinking I would add sauteed peppers and onions to the scrambled, and decided this would do.
Having worked in kitchens for some time, I typically multi-task, and do it as efficiently as possible, especially if I am hungry like today.
Turn oven on to 350 Degrees.
Add Jimmy Dean sausage links to a cold, clean, dry pan and turn on the heat.
I used these (from Target):
(By the way, if you are looking for a tasty sausage, these are amazing in my opinion, maybe my favorite of anything I have tasted).
Turn it to low as soon as it starts sizzling.
Next Steps (while sausage is cooking):
- Have a chunk of Cheddar and a grater, or fresh grated cheddar (Or Monterey Jack if you prefer for Southwestern).
- Mix Pico De Gallo pre-cut mix from Target in a bowl. I added a pinch of Cumin, and the Trader Joe’s Garlic Seasoning, and cracked multi-color peppercorns, and squeeze the juice of the lime from the Target Mix.
- While doing this, turn the sausages in between with tongs to brown all sides.
- Crack 4 Eggs In Bowl, and add a few twists of Trader Joe’s Garlic Seasoning
- Create a rectangle of tin foil (folded over twice, edges bent up).
- Place browned sausages on foil, and carefully place in oven
- Add eggs to the pan with the Sausage Grease (Totally optional yummy option).
- Add a few twists of trader Joe’s Garlic Seasoning To Eggs, and mix a few times, and add a handful of shredded cheese as they are almost finished.
- Mix one more time, and shut heat off.
- Remove Sausages from oven and place on plate.
- Put a spoonful of Pico De Gallo, or however much you like.
(I had some leftover too):
Spoon the scrambled eggs on the plate. Top Eggs with shredded cheese and lightly chopped Cilantro.