Tasty Wheat-Free and Grain-Free Breakfast Cereal
I do my best to cut back on consuming wheat and grains, ever since reading Dr. William Davis’ book “Wheat Belly.” Once in a while I like a hearty breakfast “cereal” and wound up creating this tasty wheat-free and grain-free mix!
Based on one of Dr. Davis’ recipes, I just experimented a little bit, and here is all you need! I have to warn you that it’s pretty high in calories because it has almonds and walnuts and butter, but if you have a hankering for something that might fill you up (on a cold morning especially), this might do the trick!
While you can measure to your own tastes, these guidelines will get you started!
In a saucepan, heat up the following (no need to boil – it’s not going to thicken):
- about 1 Cup of Coconut Milk (I use So Delicious Unsweetened)
- about a quarter cup of ground almonds (I think you can also try using almond flour if you don’t have almonds – worth a try!)
- about a quarter cup of ground walnuts
- teaspoon of vanilla extract
When you are ready to serve:
- stir in a couple of tablespoons of ground flaxseed (this will make it thick)
- butter and sweetener of your choice, to taste
Seriously, that’s it! Easy and very tasty! But, like I said, it’s rich and pretty heavy on the calories due to the nuts. But it should hold you for a while!